What is the competition about?
Engineers of Tomorrow, the UK Security Skills Competition for Young Engineeers and Apprentices will celebrate its 18th year at IFSEC International 2016. Championing the most skilled security professionals of the future, the competition will provide participants with a global stage on which to compete against their peers and represent their company.
The Competition is now full for 2016. To register your interest or nominate someone for 2017, please fill in this short form: Register your interest
The practical bit
Competitors will undertake a 90 minute assessment, working in pairs to review a previously installed intruder alarm system and identify any faults, before re-commissioning the system and finishing with any additional security and safety measures.
Each entrant is marked by a panel of judges from the security inspectorates, NSI and SSAIB, and points are allocated based on performance in the various disciplines. There will also be a theory test for to complete. If you have any questions please contact Rachel Eaton - Rachel.Eaton@ubm.com
There are many benefits for employers in putting forward their apprentices to take part in the competition:
- Free exposure of your business to the global security industry
- Demonstrate to clients your commitment to employee development
- Encourage the development of young engineers
- Promote of your young talent, and give them the chance to win up to £1,000 in cash
- You will be given a complimentary seat at the Security Excellence Awards with your winning apprentice(s)
Not only will participation highlight the company's skilled workforce, but it will also give you great exposure to the IFSEC International audience.
There are a lot of great reasons why you should enter the Engineers of Tomorrow competition:
- Prove your skills on an international platform
- Gain credits towards your Level 2 or Level 3 NVQ Portfolio
- Raise your profile in the industry
- Be in with a chance of winning heat prizes, which will be presented on each day of the competition
- Stand a chance to win up to £1,000 in cash
- Overall winners will be presented with their awards at the Security & Fire Awards in London in November
Be the star performer in your company's workforce, and get great exposure to the IFSEC International audience.